• McBride

  • Sector: FMCG
  • Client: McBride plc
  • Year: 2010
  • Deal value: CZK 240 mil.
  • COPRIN acted as financial advisor of McBride plc on the acquisition of Dermacol, a.s., Czech leader in manufacturing of skincare products. McBride is one of the largest European manufacturers of household products which focuses on “private label” solutions for its major retail clients.
  • CORPIN identified this opportunity for McBride among other acquisition opportunities which we presented to the top management of McBride together with our partners from Rothschild.
  • Due to our knowledge of the market CORPIN identified strategic synergy between: (i) McBride, which obtains a high quality skincare manufacturing facility, which is a segment with high growth potential of private label products in Europe, and (ii) the seller, significant Czech commercial firm Alphaduct, which will focus now on development of Dermacol brand whose ownership will remain with Alphaduct and the Dermacol brand production will continue under the new experienced manufacturer McBride. Thanks to this acquisition McBride obtains not only a modern production facility in Brno but also attractive cosmetic product formulas which fully fits with McBride’s strategy to become a European leader in the segment of manufacturing of cosmetic and other skincare products. Brno-based Dermacol a.s. has a potential to become a significant supplier of skincare products for the whole Europe.
  • McBride acquired 70% in Dermacol for a total consideration of approx. CZK240m (the consideration is split and subject to financial performance), while the remaining 30% in Dermacol will be acquired in 2018, for a price which is also subject to a financial performance.
  • McBride plc is UK listed company, manufacturer and supplier of household and personal care products (MCB:LSE).
  • McBride plc is UK listed company, manufacturer and supplier of household and personal care products (MCB:LSE). The press release is available here.